Private equity investments are investments in companies that are not publicly traded on a stock exchange. Chugach invests in private equity to gain ownership interest either at a minority level (less than 50%) or majority level (more than 50%).
- Spaceflight Industries: Minority investor in a next-generation space products and services company that is transforming how satellites are built, launched and operated.
- JL-Landfill Gas to Energy: Minority investor in an entity that acquires, builds and operates landfill gas to energy projects; currently operating four projects located in Illinois, Georgia, North Carolina and Washington.
- Northstar (Spectrum): Minority investor in a telecommunications services venture that acquires wireless licenses to operate wireless telecommunications systems.
Chugach’s real estate portfolio includes investments in funds or companies that own and manage land or buildings for profit. We target real estate investment opportunities that offer stable, growing returns and consistent cash flow.
- BlackSand Capital Fund I: Limited partner/investor in a Hawaiian real estate fund.
- Records Warehouse: Chugach owns a warehouse facility in Anchorage that it uses for storage while renting out excess space.
- JL Tower: Minority partner in Class A office building in Anchorage (JL Tower is Chugach’s HQ).
- Centerpoint West: Minority partner in Class A office building in Anchorage.