Occupation: Self-employed, Consultant/Communications Strategist, Dukart Communications
Other business experience during past 5 years:
- Director, One Nation Walking Together
- Member, Shareholder Advisory Committee, Eyak Corporation
- Native American Advisory Member, El Pomar Foundation
- Governance Fellow, National Association of Corporate Directors
- Former Commissioner/Chair, Colorado Springs Human Relations Commission
- Former Business Development Executive, Managed Business Solutions
All periods of service at CAC and subsidiaries:
- Director, CAC, 2014 – present
- Public Relations Specialist, CAC, 2005 – 2007
- Communications Coordinator, CAC, 2004 – 2005
- Communications Intern, CAC, 2000 – 2004
- See table on page 15 of the Proxy Statement for all periods of service on subsidiary boards
Dear Fellow Shareholders,
Thank you for the trust and support you’ve invested in me. I would be honored to continue to work for you on the Board through this time of change. In almost 50 years of business, Chugach has faced challenges unsurmountable to ordinary companies. Fortunately, Chugach is no ordinary company. Because of the foundation laid by past and present board members, I know we will emerge from these unparalleled times stronger.
My passion for Chugach comes from my father, Cecil Barnes of Cordova. When growing up, I saw my dad studying corporate and Native American law at all hours. From his example, I believe the best servant leaders are hard workers and lifelong learners.
My formal education includes a Masters in Strategic Communication & Leadership and a Bachelor’s in Organizational Management. A few continuing educational accomplishments are: 1) “Creating Successful Native Businesses” from Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth; 2) “Community Leadership Program” from a global institution; and 3) “Governance Fellow” credential from the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD). The NACD Fellowship is a comprehensive and continuous program of study that empowers directors with the latest insights, intelligence and leading boardroom practices.
In summary, I have experience in both government and commercial contracting and bring a diverse voice to the table. I do my homework and research to make informed decisions. I work with the Board in a positive and productive manner for long-term shareholder benefits. I support Chugach’s mission of being committed to profitability to increase cultural opportunities; to maintain ownership of our land; to equip the next generation to build on this foundation; and to never forget about our Elders and future shareholders. I humbly ask for your strategic support for this election.
Brenda F. Dukart