Occupation: Owner/Manager, Morris Consulting, LLC
Other business experience during past 5 years:
- Former Vice President of Administration, Olgoonik Development
- Former Director, Olgoonik Foundation
- Former Director, Columbus Captive
All periods of service at CAC and subsidiaries:
- Purchasing Agent/Area Coordinator, CESS, 2000 – 2003
- Assistant to the President, CAC, 1997 – 2000
- Assistant Lands Manager, CAC, 1994 – 1997
- See table on page 15 of the Proxy Statement for all periods of service on subsidiary boards
My name is George Edward Morris, many of you know me as Ed. I was born and raised in Cordova, AK. My parents are the late Harry and Ann (Vlasoff/Stamp) Morris; both were from Nuuciq.
My first introduction to the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program was while I was doing my management internship at CAC. During my internship I had the opportunity to serve as Chairman of the Board of Chugach Development Corporation (CDC) after CDC entered into the SBA 8(a) Program; I gained valuable knowledge of this program.
Throughout my career I have used this knowledge to/as:
- Develop extensive experience in SBA Programs:
- 8(a) Business Development Program
- HubZone Program
- Mentor Protégé Program
- Team Leader for their subsidiaries entering into the SBA Programs.
- Assist ANCs compliance within the SBA Programs.
- Develop a proven track record as an executive working collaboratively with a board of directors to make recommendations to successfully diversify the company.
- Lower the cost of doing business which allowed for a competitive advantage to win contracts.
The profits generated by these 8(a) companies created dividends and the formation of a foundation to provide benefits and services for their shareholders.
Other core competencies I possess include strategic planning, acquisitions, communications, governance, compliance, risk management, financial statement(s) analysis.
As a director I will use my leadership and extensive experience to help propel our corporation to the next level of success that ensures dividend growth, increased benefits, and sustained profitability. I am asking for your vote and support.
George E. Morris