We’re on a Mission – Are You?
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) is a proud member of the Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach) family of companies, and the corporation’s flagship business line for the past three decades.
We’re looking for a visionary President who can accelerate CGS’ mission to create greater value for our federal government contracting customers, greater experiences for our 5,000+ employees and ultimately, greater benefits and opportunities for Chugach’s shareholder community.
Who is Chugach?
At Chugach, our portfolio of companies serves different customers, industries and locations. But we are united under a common vision. Together, we’re improving the lives of the Alaska Native Community every single day through the three pillars outlined in our mission statement: Profitability, Celebration of our Heritage and Ownership of our Lands.
That purpose has led us to create a balanced portfolio of operating businesses and investments, whose focus is on growing profitability.
Who is Chugach Government Solutions?
Federal government contracting has been the cornerstone of Chugach’s profitability and business operations for the past three decades.
Chugach was one of the first Alaska Native Corporations to begin pursuing federal government contracts in the 1990s, after minority federal contracting was opened to ANCs under modified rules that recognized the unique nature of its shareholders. The opportunity to partner with the federal government empowered Chugach with a vehicle to climb out of bankruptcy, and eventually reach $1 billion in revenue in 2009.
Fast-forward nearly three decades, and today, federal government contracting is still the cornerstone of Chugach’s business, comprising a large portion of our revenue. CGS is the umbrella entity for this work, and includes multiple operating subsidiary companies.
Many of these subsidiaries participate in the 8(a) Program, while others have graduated to bid on large competitive contracts, a testament to the original intent of the program: to be a stepping-stone, affording small-disadvantaged businesses the opportunity to compete in the federal market.
What are the responsibilities?
The CGS President will bring an innovative spirit and strategic edge to leading the corporation’s largest federal government contracting business line. In partnership with Chugach’s executive leadership team, this individual will shepherd the company’s business development and operations by:
- Developing and executing near- and long-term strategies designed to meet profitability goals;
- Communicating a vision that inspires and connects with employees and customers;
- Identifying and cultivating new growth opportunities; and
- Nurturing strategic partnerships both within and outside of the organization.
What are we looking for?
This position reports directly to President and COO Daniel Fenza and a dynamic executive team to develop and champion CGS’ strategic directives and amplify its growth and profitability.
The CGS President will need extensive experience in federal government contracting and a proven ability to lead a large organization. Requirements include:
- Visionary leadership and a growth mindset to take our business to the next level.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Business, Finance, Project Administration, Marketing, Law or another relevant field.
- 15+ years of experience in the government contracting industry, at least five of which must have been in a senior management position.
- Direct experience in the government acquisition process with clear understanding of the FAR, DFAR, CFR and other regulations.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplined departments including finance, operations, IT, HR and Business Development.
If you’re a passionate, results-driven leader looking to make a difference, then we invite you to apply for CGS President position.
Do we share the same values?
Chugach has remained true to the spirit of resiliency ignited by our founders and first President Cecil Barnes, who set the highest standard for what it means to lead our corporation nearly 50 years ago.
We understand how important it is to choose a career opportunity compatible with your vision and values, which is why we hire leaders not solely based on their resume but based on who they are and what they represent. As a community-owned Alaska Native Corporation, we expect our leaders to live by five core behaviors that have guided our corporation – and our people – for generations:
- We do things the right way
- We build community
- We leave things better than we found them
- We empower people
- We create meaningful value
Ready to apply?
Click here to see the full position requirements and necessary documents needed for consideration. To speak with a member of the selection team or for further information about the selection process, contact Melanie Osborne at email@example.com or (907) 261-0448.
We look forward to connecting with you.